There are many online survey websites currently available out there. MintVine (now called Branded Surveys) is one of the most popular ones on online forums, blogs, and review sites. This points to the fact that MintVine was and still is a legit survey website. If you’re looking for clear and accurate MintVine reviews, look no further.
We’ve evaluated all the different aspects of how the program works, to help you decide whether you want to sign up for it or not. We talk about the rewards and bonuses you will get, the main pros and cons mentioned in MintVine reviews, and more.
The first thing you need to do to start earning with Mintvine is to sign up. The registration process is fairly quick, and you can even sign up with Facebook if desired. The user interface is well designed.
Once you sign up, you can start taking surveys by clicking on the survey tab at the top of the site. This will show the surveys that are available for you to take. The company will also send you email alerts when a survey is available. To start taking surveys, you have to fill out demographic information to see if you qualify for it.
While this screening process is tedious, MintVine is different in that they reward you for filling out the demographic information. If you do see that a survey is available, it’s advised that you start taking it right away. The reason why is because the surveys have a quota. If too many members take a specific survey, it will no longer be available.
Unlike other MintVine reviews, we’ve made it a point to lay out some important points of the program, to give you a clear idea of what to expect:
- To be eligible for their program you need to be 13 years old or older.
- The website and its surveys are only available to residents of the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- MintVine uses a point system where 1000 points equal $10 (one cent per point). The amount of points rewarded is always different, ranging anywhere from 5 to 300 points.
- MintVine offers you the opportunity to earn points via short polls as well as surveys. These polls don’t offer you many points, but are very quick to take.
- The company offers many other opportunities outside of surveys and polls to help you make more money (more on this below).
MintVine Rewards & Bonuses
MintVine is generous with how much you can earn. As mentioned earlier, they use a point system where one point equals one cent. Surveys and polls can result in 5 to 300 points. The surveys seem to be shorter than some on other sites. They may take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes to complete, whereas other sites can take as many as 25 to 30 minutes for the higher paying surveys.
MintVine also offers focus groups and product testing opportunities. These opportunities are not common, but they pay out very well. There are nice offers you can take advantage of as well for reward points. For example, there might be a signup offer for a service like Netflix. If you planned on signing up anyway, it’s a nice bonus.
If those offers don’t interest you, there are local deals (similar to Groupon) that award you points as well. If you planned on eating out at a local restaurant or purchasing a gym session, you’ll be earning even more points. Finally, a nice bonus to top all this off is the referral program. You are paid 15 percent of whatever your referrals make.
The minimum account balance required for redemption is $10. This is low and fair since the surveys pay out at a decent rate. The company pays out via PayPal, Dwolla, prepaid cards, and gift cards. The payouts are sent very quickly through PayPal (usually 2 business days), but there may be shipping time when it comes to prepaid and gift cards.
Mintvine has a lot of great things going for it. We think it’s one of the better programs that you can take part in. Here’s why:
- The earnings per survey are fair. The short polls and surveys do add up, and you’ll end up earning your minimum 1000 points fairly quickly.
- There are many different ways to earn points. You can earn points through product testing opportunities or simply buying coupons for a local restaurant.
- They send out a decent number of surveys every week. Even though there is a screening process, you’re still rewarded for your time.
- The payments are sent out quickly if you use PayPal. The other options usually take longer.
There are a few minor points mentioned in most MintVine reviews that prevent MintVine from being the perfect program:
- You must take the surveys as soon as they’re available because of the quotas. Do not put it off for later, as they can go away fast sometimes.
- The points can take some time to register to your account. This can cause confusion, as it may take several days for the points to update correctly.
Alternatives to MintVine
There are a few decent alternatives to MintVine. Here are a couple of other opportunities to look at:
- SwagBucks – SwagBucks is a popular program that allows you to make money by simply surfing the web and shopping online. The payouts are lower but there are many ways to earn money. You can check out our SwagBucks review for more information.
- MySurvey – MySurvey is another decent option that focuses mainly on surveys. The average earnings are lower than other survey programs, but there is a low payout threshold as well.
- Pinecone Research – This company has some of the highest payouts. However, it is hard to get into their survey program, and there is a limited number of them every month. You can learn more about this survey website in our Pinecone Research review.
MintVine Review Wrap Up
Our goal was to provide you with one of the best MintVine reviews you can find online. We’ve put in the time to research this program and provide a thorough analysis. Do remember that the company now calls themselves Branded Surveys. Other than that, they are still a reliable way to make money by taking surveys. If you have experience with MintVine, share it down below.