One of the best ways to make money on the side is to take part in online survey programs where you are paid for your feedback. Swagbucks is one of the most popular sites where you can take surveys to earn cash. However, Swagbucks is a little different, in that it is a rewards site where you can earn cash and gift cards for a wide range of activities, from clipping coupons, shopping online, watching videos, to browsing the Internet. Our Swagbucks review will give you all the information you need to know about it, so that you can make the right decision.
Let’s start this Swagbucks review with the basics. To sign up, you can simply visit their site and fill out the required information. Alternatively, you can use your Facebook account to sign up. Once you are logged in, you can start earning money right away. The most common go-to will be to start taking surveys (the Answer section). You can access different money making opportunities using the navigation menu on the left-hand side.
Keep in mind that in order to take part in their program, you must be at least 13 years old. Swagbucks is also only available in certain countries including the USA, UK, Germany, Australia, Canada, Ireland, and India. If you do not meet these criteria and earn money using the portal, you’ll have issues getting paid later on.
Swagbucks Rewards & Bonuses
Swagbucks uses a point system called SB to keep track of your earnings. Each SB is the equivalent of around one cent, so 100 SB will convert into a dollar. You will earn the most points from completing surveys which pay anywhere from 1 SB to 1,000 SB. There are always a decent number of surveys available, but there is a screening process to ensure you’re the right target consumer for the survey.
However, that doesn’t mean you should only focus on surveys. Swagbucks pays you for watching videos, completing polls, shopping, surfing the web with their plugin, playing games, reading articles, and referring your friends. While they don’t pay out as much as surveys, they are always available and really add up over time. They’re perfect if you’ve completed the available surveys and have some free time.
As for the payout, you can get paid cash in PayPal once you have 2,500 SB or redeem gift cards for as little as 300 SB. They have gift cards for all the popular retailers, so you’ll have no problems finding a gift card that you’ll actually use. Payment is sent within a few days, but sometimes, there are delays with being credited SB after you complete an action.
There are many positive aspects to Swagbucks. The site is far from typical survey sites, so the pros tend to stand out a bit more.
- Swagbucks offers many different ways for you to earn points. Many of these solutions are passive, like browsing the Internet, shopping, and clipping coupons. They don’t reward you with many points, but everything really does add up over time.
- Swagbucks offers a generous $10 when you sign up. The condition is that you have to purchase a gift card from any one of their retailers. This is a great deal if you’ve been looking to purchase something recently.
- The company has many daily opportunities. There are daily polls, coupons, and time-sensitive offers that reward you with extra points. There is even a free sweepstakes you can enter to win a large prize.
- Unlike other sites, the company really does have some great shopping offers. They’ve partnered with many well-known companies to give you some of the best deals you can find. If you tend to shop online a lot, you’ll really appreciate the offers presented by retailers.
- Their referral program earns you 10 percent of your referrals’ earnings for life. This can really add up if you get serious about promoting Swagbucks.
Swagbucks is still far from perfect. To offer a balanced perspective for this Swagbucks review, it’s important to point out the cons of the program.
- Their surveys tend to pay out less than other survey sites. There is also a screening process, and the company does not pay you for spending time on these initial questions.
- The minimum points you need to get paid in PayPal is quite high. Unless you take some surveys, it will take you a long time to reach 2,500 SB. This is balanced by the low minimums for gift cards, but many will still prefer cash.
- You may come across issues watching videos or reading articles where there are technical issues that prevent the next part from loading. This doesn’t always happen, but it can be frustrating when it does.
- Although Swagbucks offers many opportunities to earn, you’ll only earn more than other survey sites if you are very active. Again, this points back to the fact that Swagbucks pay out less for their surveys.
Alternatives to Swagbucks
If you are looking for some great alternatives to Swagbucks, here are some other opportunities you should consider.
- InstaGC – If you like the Swagbucks model and you simply want more opportunities, InstaGC is perfect for you. You can earn points for surveys, watching videos, surfing the web, and shopping, just like Swagbucks. Just keep in mind that the rewards are focused on gift cards.
- MyPoints – Another website that rewards you for reading emails, shopping online, watching videos, surfing the web, and playing games is MyPoints. You can convert the points you win into cash and receive it via PayPal, or opt for gift cards instead. Our MyPoints review can teach you more about how this program works.
Swagbucks Review Wrap Up
Overall, Swagbucks is a legit company that has been around for many years and has a strong reputation among its users. You can look at one of many Swagbucks review sites and find that a lot of people have reported getting their rewards without any problems. As mentioned earlier, it does take a good amount of commitment if you want to make decent money with the site. Nevertheless, it is still worth adding to your list of survey sites.