Survey sites are a great way to earn some extra money. However, there are many scams out there, so it can be hard to tell which opportunities are legit. Opinion Outpost is one of many survey sites that promise members the opportunity to earn cash and other prizes by completing simple surveys. To see if the company is legit, we’ve created an Opinion Outpost review that goes through every aspect of the program. In this careful assessment, you’ll learn how to sign up, how to earn rewards, how reliable the company is with payments, and more.
Opinion Outpost Instructions
Opinion Outpost is one of the more open survey sites. You can sign up through a normal registration process or with one of your social accounts (Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn). It is very easy to sign up, and once you confirm your registration, you can log in and fill out some demographic information. This information will help the company send you relevant surveys that you can take part in.
As of right now, Opinion Outpost is only open to US residents. This may change to other western countries in the future but unfortunately, it is quite limiting to international users. There isn’t a big age restriction set for members. Eligibility for rewards depends on individual survey panels. The same rules will apply to their quarterly prize draws (more on that later).
Opinion Outpost Rewards & Bonuses
Opinion Outpost uses a point system like many other survey sites. Surveys pay out anywhere from five to ten points. You will need 100 points to redeem it for $10 worth of cash. This means that the surveys pay anywhere from $0.50 to $1. This is on the lower end of things but there are quite a decent number of survey opportunities that are available.
Like other sites, there is a screening process you’ll need to pass to take a survey. While you aren’t compensated for screening questions, you are given an entry to win their quarterly prize of $10,000. Again, this prize is only eligible for US residents. Do not attempt to sign up if you’re a user from another country. You’ll eventually have to submit your identity to claim the prize and will be found out.
Opinion Outpost allows you to exchange points for PayPal payments or gift cards. PayPal payments require that you earn a minimum of 100 points for $10. Gift cards for popular retailers require 50 points and can be exchanged for $5. The company is reliable about paying out and will send your PayPal payment or digital gift card payment in about three to five days.
Opinion Outpost PROS
Opinion Outposts does have some great points that will make you want to sign up and work with them:
- The company sends out more survey opportunities than many other sites. Just remember that this can always change and that you’re not compensated for screening questions if you don’t qualify.
- While the chances of you winning are not high, it’s nice that you are given an entry to their quarterly $10,000 prize every time you complete screening questions and do not qualify for a survey.
- The company has one of the lowest payment thresholds around. Many survey companies make it incredibly difficult for you to earn enough points to cash out. As a result, many members give up before earning money.
- The company offers mobile surveys as well as the ability to earn money from referring others. While these are common features of survey programs, it’s still a nice way to earn some extra cash.
Opinion Outpost CONS
Of course, all these positive points come with some negative ones as well, which we mention below in our Opinion Outpost review.
- The surveys do not pay out as much as other sites. That said, some of the surveys are fairly easy to complete.
- It would have been nice if the company provided other ways for you to earn money to compensate for the low survey earnings.
- The refer a friend program only pays $1 when somebody you referred completes a survey. It would have been a lot better if the company paid you a percentage of their lifetime earnings.
Alternatives to Opinion Outpost
Opinion Outpost is a fairly straightforward site. This is good news for many people who want something simple that actually works. However, some people may find that the earning potential is quite low compared to other sites that offer more opportunities or higher paying surveys. That’s why we’ve listed some alternatives that you may like better in our Opinion Outpost review.
- Pinecone Research – Pinecone Research is one of the highest paying survey sites online. While you only end up completing one to three surveys a month, the earnings are high and as a result, you earn a lot more money for your time. Check out our Pinecone Research review to learn more about this website.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is a website that rewards you for various activities. You can read articles, watch videos, shop online, participate in local deals, as well as complete surveys to earn points. If you’re looking for something that provides multiple earning opportunities, check Swagbucks out.
- MySurvey – MySurvey is a very reliable survey company that offers decent payout rates and a good number of surveys you can take every week. It should definitely be a survey site to work with if you want to work with a small number of companies.
Opinion Outpost Review Wrap Up
That wraps up our Opinion Outpost review. Opinion Outpost is definitely a legit company that pays you for surveys and sends you your rewards in a timely manner. The only downside to their program is that the surveys do not pay as much as other sites. However, you will appreciate the fact that they send a good number of surveys your way and have a low payment threshold compared to many of their competitors. If you are looking for more survey sites to work with, you should definitely consider Opinion Outpost. Have you ever tried completing surveys on Opinion Outpost? Make sure you tell us about your experience in the comments section below.